- Consume Less Sugar- There seems to be sugar in EVERYTHING! But the one place a lot of people fail to recognize is how much sugar is in what they drink. Giving up soda and tons of "extras" in your coffee can greatly lower your sugar consumption.
- Try to do 30 minutes, 4-5 times a week
- A little "me" time for workouts keep you strong for your family and sets a good example for your children.
- It's a great way to relieve stress, which in turn helps you sleep better.
- Try using a standing desk at work, or going on a quick 10-15 minutes "walk break" with a colleague.
- Sleep- I know, I know, we are all so busy! But getting a good night's rest has been proven to boost your productivity. Plus, a lack of sleep can contribute to heart disease, diabetes, strokes, obesity, and so much more. Tracking my sleep on my AppleWatch has been a true eye-opener!
- Wash your hands with soap - Boy oh boy is THAT important right now! Overuse of hand sanitizer can turn germs into superbugs. Soap and water are best.
- Limit Alcohol - A drink a couple of times a week is ok. But remember, many drinks are loaded with sugar. Alcohol also diminishes your sleep quality.
- Eat Healthy:
- Again, less sugar is better.
- I hate to cook, but I do it because I know home-cooked food is so much better for my family than take-out.
- There are so many opinions out there on which type of diet is best: Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Whole30, Carnivore, and the list goes on. I've personally found that finding what works for your body seems to be the way to go. Although, as a jerky company, Keto and Whole30 are the ones that help us feel the healthiest.
Kim Duffie - VP of Jerky Snob